The Caserta palace is an imposing building, in fact, in Caserta. Built by Vanvitelli, it is still today the largest residence in the world.
The History of the Caserta Palace
The Royal Palace of Caserta was built starting in 1752 by Luigi Vanvitelli and later by his son Carlo, in the interest of Charles of Bourbon, with the purpose of making it the fulcrum of the new kingdom of Naples.
The construction of the structure was wanted by the King of Naples Charles of Bourbon, who wished for a higher-level seat for the government of the capital, Naples, and its realm. The intent was to build something that could not only compete with the Versailles Palace, but even exceed it majestically.
The original plan assumed the construction, in fact, in Naples, but was put aside in view of the greater risks, due to the sea attacks, that the palace would run.
Historical residence of the Bourbon of Naples, for a short time was also inhabited by the Murat.
In 1997 it was declared UNESCO World Heritage Site , together with Vanvitelli’s aqueduct and the San Leucio complex.
The Palace consists of a surface of five floors and four inner courtyards.
2 It has a majestic Honor of Honor , the Palatine Chapel , historic apartment , court theater B> and the Quadreria .
Park and Waterfall also give the complex a highly elegant and scenic resolution.
In 2015, with a total of almost 500,000 visitors, the 14th most visited state museum site in Italy, a fortune that fortunately is finally being properly valued thanks to the new management.
About the Palace of Caserta
- Historical Apartments and Quadreria: 08.30-19.30, closing of ticket office 18.45. Last entry at 19:00.
- Decorative Art Path – Escalator and cover times on reservation
- Closed on Tuesday, 1 January, Monday in Albis, 1 May and 25 December (sometimes with extraordinary opening).
- Royal Park and English Garden: 08.30 am The closing varies according to the months of the year.
- Closing Times of Royal Park and English Garden
- Whole: € 12
- Reduced: € 6
- Only for apartments: whole € 9 | Reduced € 4.50
- Annual subscription for entrance to the park: € 15
- First Sunday of the month: free admission to apartments For the park: full ticket € 5, reduced € 2.50 (18-25 years)
- Free admission: under 18
- You: for info 0823277111 | Ticket office: 0823448084 | 0823277380
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Royal Palace of Caserta from the official website of MiBACT
How to get to the Royal Palace of Caserta:
- Address: Royal Palace, Viale Douhet, 2 / a – Caserta
- Train: Caserta station By car: Highway A1, exit Caserta Nord, continue on SS7 to the Reggia